WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Gummy Worms
*Measuring Cups and Spoons
What To Do
1. With the help of an adult, cut a few gummy worms in half lengthwise. You may want to dust them with some baking soda so they don't stick.
2. In one cup add 1 cup water and 3 to 4 tablespoons of baking soda. Mix together.
3. Put the gummy worm in the mixture. Set a timer for 15 minutes and let the worms soak in the concoction.
4. Fill the another cup with vinegar.
5. After the 15 minutes is up remove the gummy worms from the baking soda mixture and add the worms to the vinegar! Watch what happens!
6. This experiment works because the baking soda and vinegar react, creating carbon dioxide gas. The gas creates bubbles that pull the worms up to the top of the glass, making them wiggle around! You can try this with different ratios of baking soda to vinegar, or even different candy to see what happens!